Life connected au des while technology evolves by design?

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

optimum nutrition

I wish to replace the protein in my diet with amino acids (amino acids from protein are the primary materials our bodies use to make neurotransmitters and are the only nutritional value of dietary protein) in the right ratio and dosage to optimize my mental and anabolic drives (any one know how to do this?) and just eat fruits; salads with dressing composed of flax, turmeric, rosemary and sometimes a bit of Celtic salt; dephytonadionated greens; Solo oil (molecularly distilled to filter out the contaminants typically found in fish) until algal DHA/EPA products have the same amounts of DHA&EPA as Bluebonnet's formulas; probiotic supplements; almonds and cocoa powder.

The biggest difference would be that straight amino acids would hit the blood faster than if protein hung around in the intestines waiting for digestive enzymes to turn it into amino acids.

You may have noticed I omitted dairy. This would not be the case if I could get dairy that is both unpasteurized and fat-free; unpasteurized and fat-free Greek yogurt would be my preferred source of protein (before I switch from fat-free dairy I'd like to see the effects of a diet high in milk fat on rats - the studies demonstrating that saturated fat makes brains learn slower were done using lard). I originally included yogurt instead of probiotic supplements but decided against a pasteurized product that was originally a source of B Vitamins because heating B Vitamins can turn them into chemical analogs which compete with the real B Vitamin molecules for biochemical placement. With the dairy out of my diet, I'd probably want to take calcium citrate.

With my amino acid needs taken care of I won't need legumes and rice for protein. It might be best just to cut grains out of my diet entirely - the phytic acid won't be missed, and the fruits will make up for the lost carbs. My favorite fruits are goji berries, blueberries, whole acai, oranges, mangos and kiwis - blackberries, strawberries, grapes and apples are the runner-ups; I tend to avoid inorganic fruit.

I'd like to experiment with acetyl-L-carnitine, DMAE, alpha-lipoic acid, cerebrally vasodilating herbal extracts (such as vinpocetine and Ginkgold) and huge amounts of choline to give me an edge in school. And I'd like to see some studies on the efficacy of SAMe (s-adenosyl methionine) in improving subjects' cognitive measurements (there are tests which measure cognitive abilities); like DMAE SAMe is naturally made in the body but can meaningfully improve brain function when supplemented - SAMe supplements are typically used as an anti-depressant but may increase thinking and reflexes.

By the time I can afford my master amino acid pattern there will probably be designer foods superior to natural pure&raw foods and supplements (including the Master Amino Acid Pattern) widely available. I may want to keep bottles of specific amino acids in addition to the master amino acid pattern (for athletic/anabolic performance secondary to mental performance): tryptophan&tyrosine (for mood, motivation and working memory) and choline (for memorization) - I would still want to keep these amino acid supplements around even with synthetic superfoods. And of course there will be blends of extracts from ergogenic adaptogens such as cordyceps, eleuthero and guarana. Life evolved by chance; technology evolves by design.

No comments:

Post a Comment