Life connected au des while technology evolves by design?

Sunday, June 19, 2011

killing a strange-looking spider in my bathroom reminds me of the value of all life

As I looked at the peculiar arachnid's corpse I remembered an article explaining that each of us is born with about sixty mutations which we didn't get from our parents. I don't know how many such mutations other species are born with but I'm sure its at least one. Genes are useful materials, as this article elucidates. It seems easier to get genes from organisms than to make them in a lab.

Genes aside, there is plenty we can learn from organisms; just check out this example of successful biomimetics in aerospace engineering.

Life evolved by chance; technology evolves by design.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ywqe7BTrTuI

No comments:

Post a Comment