Life connected au des while technology evolves by design?

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

nutrition 2: Cholesterol, Testosterone, and Healthy Carbs

I've been eating more eggs and reading The 4-Hour Body. The eggs I started eating because I figured I need more fat and I'm getting enough alkalizing minerals from spinach to account for the increased acidifying amino acid load from the egg protein (not that I have any pH-test strips to urinate on). The 4-Hour Body I started reading after learning of it in a Web article titled Primal Transhumanism (and then checking it out on amazon.com).

I get organic eggs because otherwise the yolks are contaminated with fat-soluble toxins and eat them hard-boiled so that the cholesterol isn't exposed to air during cooking - only when cholesterol is oxidized does it harm the arteries.



I'm going to start eating more lentils than pasta; lentils have a lower glycemic index meaning the carbs in them affect my blood sugar more slowly*, thus providing energy longer. A lot of brown pasta also happens to have bleached flour with things added to it later to make it brown; you can check the list of ingredients to see if its 'whole'.



One thing The 4-Hour Body tells you how to do is to increase testosterone levels. It says this can be done by eating four egg yolks the evening before the day you want your testosterone to be up and twenty almonds and four Brazil nuts four hours before you want your testosterone to be up. Almonds and Brazil nuts have been my favorite nuts for a long time. Eat no more than six Brazil nuts a day; more can cause selenium toxicity.

*this means that I can eat a lot of them and have my blood sugar level stable though my cells continually absorb it from the blood for energy. If I were to eat an equivalent glycemic load (the amount of potential blood sugar eaten) of table sugar, the entire load would get turned into blood sugar pretty much at once; this would cause a spike which my body would react to by making more insulin to lower my blood sugar because too high blood sugar can damage organs.

No comments:

Post a Comment