Life connected au des while technology evolves by design?

Thursday, August 4, 2011

Lady Gaga and Chat Rooms

I started to show my ex parodies by The Key of Awesome on YouTube, and we wound up watching an interview with Lady Gaga by Oprah. What really struck me is how articulate Gaga is and how hard she tries to strike a balance between message and industry.

Later that night, I was bored, something that happens most nights at about 9pm. So I decided to visit Lady Gaga's Web site and sign into a Gaga chat room. The chat room was hosted by tinychat.com - it was a lot of fun; people would play a song from their computer and we'd dance and sing along as their microphone broadcast it to the entire chat room (I wonder if Google+'s 'hangouts' will let you stream ish directly without using a webcam/mic). Even more rewarding was the dialogue among members - even if we don't see each other again, we will remember features of each other's personalities.

No comments:

Post a Comment